Wednesday 15 June 2011

Well, its a week since the Ordination. Thank you to all those many people who were able to be there, and thank you to all those who couldn't make it but were there in spirit. I thought it was a wonderful expression of the gathered Church. I hope you found it a moment of spiritual renewal.

Personally, I must say one of the most moving aspects of it all was the fact that, for first time in my life, all the various groups of people who have been significant to me - family, friends old and new, collegues, parishioners - were gathered together in the one place with God. It did my heart much good.

A number of people commented on the address given towards the end of the Mass. The ideas for it come during the retreat I did a couple of weeks ago. Of course, such words, when they touch something in the mind and heart of others, really indicate that they have come from the Lord. I'm just the messager. I would like to acknowledge, however, Sr Hilda from the Benedictine Abbey in Jamberoo for her guidance during the retreat and her instrumetal role in bring forth the Holy Spirit's inspiration. I've added a copy of the address in a separate posting, for anyone who might want to read it.

Finally, I'm told that the following photo is proof that the Church has always been a trend setter, and that the world in only now catching up. I present to you the very ancient practice of episcopal planking!

(Thanks to Daniel Hopper for his great photos of the Ordination - check out his wonderful montage at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fbwC0mmD1w)

No comments:

Post a Comment